Q. Who may participate in one of the Leading Edge programs?
A. All incoming First-Year students will participate in a Leading Edge program. Students participating in a Fall sport will not be placed in a Leading Edge trip but will engage with the Leading Edge participants that week.
Q. How do I submit my preferences for a trip?
A. The Leading Edge Match is a task in New Student Onboarding on the FYE website.
Q. How are applicants selected for each trip?
A. Every effort will be made to accommodate all applicants' preferences.
Q. I am an athlete and hope to participate in a fall sport--can I do both?
A. Fall sport athletes will not receive a Leading Edge placement but will engage with the Leading Edge participants that week.
Q. What kind of limitations might prevent me from enjoying one of the trips?
A. Many of the programs require walking or standing for long periods of time. Appalachian Adventure has experience and fitness requirements, which will be inquired about on their trip-specific questionnaire. If you have any questions about this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Still have a question?
• If your questions pertain to registration issues, please contact email@example.com
• For Appalachian Adventure, please contact James Dick, Director of Outdoor Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org
• For Archaeology, please contact Don Gaylord, Research Archaeologist and Instructor, at email@example.com
• For Around the World in Five Days, please contact Janet Ikeda, Associate Professor of Japanese, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dick Kuettner, Director of Global Discovery Laboratories, at email@example.com
• For Beyond LEADership, please contact Leah Beard, Director of Leadership Development and Student Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kyle McCoil, Assistant Dean of Student, Dean of Sophomores, at email@example.com
• For Freedom Ride, please contact Michael Hill, Director of the DeLaney Center and Professor of Africana Studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Heidi Bustos, Assistant Director of Inclusion and Engagement, at email@example.com
• For From Queer to There: An LGBTQ+ History Tour, please contact Jake Reeves, Assistant Director of Inclusion and Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org
• For Home is Where the Art Is, please contact Jenefer Davies, Professor of Dance and Theater, at email@example.com
• For Making Meaning, please contact Tammy Futrell, Dean for Diversity, Inclusion, and Student Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org
• For Sustainability, please contact Kim Hodge, Assistant Dean of Students, at email@example.com
• For Volunteer Venture, please contact Jenny Davidson, Assistant Director of the Shepherd Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org
• For Wellness Adventure, please contact Laura Ulmer, Director of Student Activities, at email@example.com