Upper-Division Room Selection
With Fall 2020 room selection fast approaching, we’re sharing some important dates and resources that will prepare you for the most successful selection process possible! Fall housing selection is a two-step process. First, every student wishing to live on-campus for the Fall 2020 term must register for the Housing Lottery. To register for the lottery, students must review and electronically sign the Housing Agreement and update their emergency contact information via eRezLife. It is your responsibility to read over the Housing Agreement carefully. (You will receive an email with instructions from Housing@wlu.edu when registration opens.) The lottery randomly assigns room selection times slots for the second step, the room selection process. Students studying abroad for Fall 2020 and those living in Greek or theme housing cannot participate in the lottery or housing selection process.
To begin your planning, we recommend reviewing several important webpages:
- Upper-Division Housing Selection Overview – An overview of the process and what to expect
- Upper-Division Room Selection Dates and Times – A breakdown of who picks their room when
- Housing Lottery FAQs – The most commonly asked questions answered for your convenience!
- Another helpful page for those studying abroad Study Abroad FAQ
Next, mark your calendar!
- TODAY – Start planning your roommate group! Having a plan A, B, and C is essential!
- TODAY – Theme house application opens in eRezLife – See TH application webpage for instructions
- February 5 – Theme House Info Session – Northen Auditorium (Library) @ 5pm
- February 8 – “Living the Theme” Theme house tours @ 2pm and 4pm – Additional info to follow
- February 17 – Theme house application closes
- February 24 – Theme house offers distributed via email
- March 2 – Theme house offer decisions due to Chris Reid
- March 4 – Lottery registration opens through eRezLife
- March 4 – Info Session #1 - Stackhouse Theater @ 5pm. Bring your friends and roommate groups!
- March 9 – Roommate Mixer! Commons 214 from 6 -8pm. All rising sophomores, juniors and seniors are invited!
- March 10 – Info Session #2 - Stackhouse Theater @ 5pm (repeat of previous session)
- March 12 – Info Session #3 - Stackhouse Theater @ 5pm (repeat of previous session)
- April 8 – Lottery registration closes
- April 10 – Lottert runs and time slots are assigned. Students will be notified via their WLU email.
- April 14-17 – Room Selection (See the Room Selection Dates & Times webpage for the date corresponding to your class year.)
Before April 14, map out your preference and your "plan B" and "plan C." Because upper division housing features apartment and townhouse-style living, you will need to plan your roommate group carefully and early. You may view floorplans at the following links: Village Townhouses, Village Apartments, Woods Creek Apartments
Why do you need a plan A, B, and C? Let’s say you’re a rising junior, and your first choice is a townhouse, but when your registration time opens, all of the townhouses are claimed and suddenly your 6-person group must downsize to a 4-person group for an apartment in the Village or Woods Creek. Talk through these scenarios with your friends and be sure you have your back-up plan in place early.
If you have questions about the lottery process or you’re having trouble finding a group, reach out to email@example.com NOW. Don’t wait! We’re here to help!