Ruscio Center for Global Learning
The Kenneth P. Ruscio Center for Global Learning (CGL) is the most conspicuous manifestation of Washington and Lee University's commitment to making global learning accessible for every student. This world-class facility for 21st-century learning is a hub drawing together faculty and students from across W&L's diverse academic disciplines and serving as a marketplace for ideas that transcend linguistic, cultural, and political boundaries.
The Ruscio CGL houses numerous resources for the benefit of the W&L community:
- The Center for International Education acts as a nexus of support for international students, visiting scholars, study abroad opportunities, and cross-disciplinary international programming.
- The Global Discovery Laboratories provide technical resources to facilitate linguistic skill development and refine pedagogical excellence across disciplines.
- The Ruscio CGL is home to the academic departments of East Asian Languages and Literature, German, Russian, the Arabic Language and Literature faculty, and office space for visiting scholars.
- Integrated technology brings the wider-world to the W&L campus, connecting classrooms to online resources and enabling communication between students, faculty, and colleagues abroad.
- Throughout the building, comfortable and inviting study spaces abound for both individuals and collaborative groups.
- Rounding out the facility, a spacious atrium provides a welcoming forum for social exchange as well as access to delicious food and drink from the Tea House.
About the Ruscio Center for Global Learning