Reserving the Atrium
Reservations for the CGL Atrium (CGL 152) must be made via 25Live by a member of the W&L community.
Please treat the atrium with respect, clean up after yourselves, and leave the facility in as good a condition as you found it.
The atrium is a 1271 square foot, two-story open space. It features a built-in presentation display and videoconferencing system. From 8am-3:30pm on weekdays during the academic year, it serves as the dining area of the Tea House café. A variety of seating is available, both indoors and on the adjacent patio. The 2nd floor features both indoor and outdoor balconies.
Reservations and Scheduling:
- Requests must be made via 25Live and are filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Reservations are not allowed during University Holidays or when they conflict with the Tea House operating schedule of 8am-3:30pm on weekdays. (Contact the CIE Manager if you believe your event deserves an exception.)
- In the case of conflicting requests, academic courses and related activities will be given preference.
- Note that the CGL is open to the public from 7am-7pm and an atrium reservation does not guarantee exclusive use of the space.
- Note that the CGL Patio is not included with the atrium and requires a separate reservation.
Furniture and Layouts:
The default furniture layout of the atrium features a mix of tables, booths, and lounge furniture and can seat approximately 30. It is not permitted to remove furniture from the atrium, but alternative furniture layouts are available by submitting a work order to University Facilities at least one week prior to your event. Alternate layouts can accommodate:
- up to 48 banquet style (four large round tables, with up to eight chairs at each table, plus 3 small round tables with 4 chairs each)
- up to 75 theater/auditorium style
- up to 125-reception (standing) style
When submitting a work order to Facilities, be sure to include detailed information on your desired layout, as well as dates/times for setup and takedown.
Please note that Facilities is only responsible for moving furniture as agreed upon in advance. If other furniture is moved during your event, it is your responsibility to put it back where it belongs. Take care not to block walkways, exits, and emergency equipment (such as fire alarms and extinguishers) when setting up your event.
Note that there is no coat room in the atrium. Coat racks may be requested from Facilities.
W&L Dining Services has first right of refusal for all on-campus events. Email email@example.com for inquiries or make requests via their Catertrax site. For all catered events, please include an hour of setup and an hour of takedown time in your reservation request. Please also remember to order 6-foot tables for catering by submitting a work order to University Facilities.
If you intend to serve alcohol at your event, please read the University Guidelines for On-Campus Serving of Alcohol.
The atrium technology includes:
- built-in video wall
- a presentation podium with microphone and HDMI/VGA connectors
- wireless microphones
- multiple ceiling mics and cameras for videoconferencing
- two computers located in the A/V closet
- Apple TV featuring Airplay
Training is required before groups will be permitted to use the atrium technology. Please contact CIE Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org, 540.458.8203) to set up a 15-minute training appointment.
Questions? Contact Erin Weyen at email@example.com or 540.458.8203.