Erin graduated from Washington and Lee in 2006 with a Bachelor of Arts in Art History. After graduation, she entered the Master of Architecture program at the University of Maryland and graduated in December 2010. She stayed on at the University of Maryland to teach an undergraduate course in Architectural History and joined Suzane Reatig Architecture in Washington, DC. She oversaw several multi-family housing projects spanning the east coast from New York City to Miami. In her role as Project Architect, Erin was responsible for all phases of design, from initial schematics all the way through to construction completion. Today she is a Project Architect for The Monument Companies in Richmond. Erin is happy to speak with any students who may be interested in pursuing architecture or any design related field.
Arts, Design, Fashion, and Entertainment
Explore careers in the arts by exploring the links below. Found a career you're interested in? Stop by our office or make an appointment via Handshake with a career advisor and begin networking to learn more.
A career in the arts often requires you to have a creative resume tailored to the job you are interested in. This helps you create a lasting impression at first glance. Check out our resume help on Handshake.
The Office of Career and Professional Development at Washington and Lee University has not vetted any of the internship and volunteer opportunity listings on this page and makes no representations or guarantees regarding any of the listed opportunities. It is the responsibility of students and alumni to do their own due diligence when applying for and accepting any of these opportunities.
- American Institute of Architects - professional association with career related resources and job board
- Archinect - lists job opportunities
- Architecture Careers - resources for opportunities
- Best Websites for Finding Architecture Jobs
- Design Search Associates
- Internships.com for Architecture
- American Alliance of Museums - Extensive list of all types of museum positions
- Art Jobs - Positions in museums, theaters, nonprofits, arts agencies, camps, etc.
- Art Search - job opportunities in arts, culture, education, museum, libraries and theatre
- ARTS Intern – “Studio Institute's ARTS Intern Program places undergraduates from diverse cultural backgrounds in paid summer internships at museums and cultural institutions [in Boston, Cleveland, NYC, and Philadelphia].”
- Arts management - provides resources on articles, books, and training and post-graduation courses
- Association of Art Museum Curators - Art museum internships and fellowships
- California Arts Council – Sort jobs and internships by administrative, creative or other
- Careers in Art - The Art Career Project - candidates can "explore a list of distinct career paths within various categories of art to find the information they need to get started on the right foot. Designers, performers, fine artists, and musicians alike can search for options that help them unlock their creativity."
- Creative Time - Internships for students interested in public art – summer deadline April 18
- Hire Culture - Mass Cultural Council's searchable database of cultural employment opportunities - internships and full-time jobs - throughout Massachusetts
- Metropolitan Museum of Art - internships, jobs and fellowships - Search late fall for positions for the following summer; for full-time postings, visit HERE
- MoMA Summer and 12-Month Internships - internships, jobs and fellowships Summer deadline for sophomores or older, February; academic year fellowship applications open late spring
- Museum Employment Resource Center - Museum and cultural resource jobs
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Museum of Women in the Arts - Summer deadline is March 15
- New England Museum Association - Full-time and summer intern positions (deadlines rolling)
- New York Foundation for the Arts - Jobs in the arts; NOT limited to NY - THE GO TO RESOURCE!
- Smithsonian Associates - Internship postings - deadline for summer is February 1
- Smithsonian Internships
- Smithsonian Institute resource for Museum Studies jobs - Provides links to related resources
- State Cultural and Arts Council websites
- The United States Supreme Court - internships in the Office of the Curator
- Washington Project for the Arts
- American Institute for Graphic Arts
- Blizzard Entertainment - video game company
- Create & Cultivate
- CPD Resources for Gaming, Animation, TV and Film - incudes blogs and skills development resources
- Academic Keys - Positions with colleges and universities
- American College Dance Association - Jobs and internships related to dance
- American Dance Festival
- Association for Performing Arts and Entertainment Professionals - Job and internship postings
- Association of Talent Agents
- Atlantic Theater Company - Jobs, Internships (deadline is March 22), and Fellowships
- Backstage - Audition resources
- Berkeley Repertory Theatre - "[O]offers an 11.5 month fellowship program for serious-minded, highly motivated individuals who are ready to embark upon a professional theatre career."
- Berkeley Repertory Theatre - Career Resources for job, internship, fellowship, and apprenticeship opportunities
- Blizzard Entertainment - Video game company
- California Arts Council
- Cox Media Group - Internships and mostly job postings
- Creative Artists Agency - Postings jor juniors/seniors to work with agents at leading entertainment agency
- Dance Net
- Dance NYC
- Dance Place - Lists Washington, DC dance activities, education, performance and job opportunities
- Dance USA! - Jobs and auditions
- Disney's Marvel
- Dream Careers - Provides students with placement in talent agency internships
- Entertainment Careers - Weekly newsletter with jobs and industry resources
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Jacob's Pillow - Dance festival
- Job Listings and Internships for Entertainment Careers - lists job opportunities
- Kennedy Center
- LucasFilm - Jobs and internships offered by LucasFilm Ltd
- Mandy - Comprehensive guide to film production companies and displays job openings
- Media Bistro - Internships and Job opportunities in media and communication
- Music America - Job and internships worldwide and career resources
- Music Match - USA Music Industry Magazine with job postings with industry job descriptions
- NFL - Film internship with NFL involving footage, audio, cinematography, and more
- Offstage Jobs - Jobs and internships in electrics, sets, props, costume, sound and management
- Pacifica Community Television - Internship in television and video production, accepting applications the beginning of every semester, around January/February(Spring), May/June(Summer), and August/September(Fall)
- Paradigm Talent Agency - Agency guiding artists to careers in media, film, books, art, and music
- Playbill - top stories and resources
- Showbiz Jobs.com
- Sony Corporation of America
- Television Academy Foundation - Internship program (8 weeks in Los Angeles) for students interested in television production
- The Gersh Agency - Offers internship in the entertainment industry
- The Second City - Search for internships and full- and part-time positions at this "leading comedy theatre and school of improvisation" in Chicago
- Theater in Chicago
- Theater Job Board
- TV Jobs - Database for jobs in various television production companies
- TVWatercooler - Database of production companies offering jobs
- United Talent Agency - Offers a student internship program in literary/entertainment industry along with film agent training
- Warner Bros.
- William Morris Endeavor - American talent agency located in California; search under "Careers"
As with most industries, in fashion there is no single source for all internship opportunities. In addition to reviewing the links below, review company websites and/or LinkedIn postings.
- Fashion Career Tips - advice
- Fashion Jobs Central - requires subscription
- Free Fashion Internships
- Style Careers
- WeConnectFashion - industry advice
- Chicago History Museum
- Museum Jobs - Job postings
- National Council on Public History
- Preservation Directory - Positions in historic preservation, building restoration, museum employment, architecture, urban planning and other related fields
- Society of American Archivists
- The United States Supreme Court - internships in Office of the Curator in Collections Management/Archives
- Interior Design Job Board
- Careers in Interior Design - lists job opportunities
- Interior Design Jobs - lists job opportunities
- Arts League - Arts League plans to work with students to promote the arts at W&L and celebrate the many artists on campus. Arts League believes in promoting a more creative atmosphere on campus by promoting one another's work in all of the arts. We will promote our artists to the rest of campus as well as the Lexington Community! We plan to promote the pre-existing arts events on campus as well to create exciting events for the entire campus.
- Dance Company - The dance company aims to give all students interested in dance the opportunity to study dance, create dance and perform dance both on campus and off.
- WLUR - W&L radio station
- World Languages Portal - The World Languages and Cultures portal provides information on course offerings, resources, and programs for students interested in building skills to prepare for a global and diverse society.
One of the best ways to explore careers and find job opportunities is to network with progressional. Below are some alumni who have experience in the field and have volunteered to be a resource. To connect with someone, log in to Colonnade Connections and find their contact information. Not sure how to begin networking? Stop by our office to get started.