Registration Help for Students
Workday Student registration help can be found at the Workday Student Training Site.
Registration is the initial process of signing up for courses each term. Consistent with W&L's principle that students bear responsibility for their academic choices and progress, each student selects sections to register into each term. You create a planned (saved) schedule from your Workday Academics dashboard, then when your window opens, you register from your saved schedule. If a class is closed, Workday will automatically add you to the waitlist. The system checks for open seats and for appropriate qualifications, including adviser registration authorization, prerequisites, instructor consent, time conflicts, etc.
Drop/add is the process of adjusting your class schedule during the first few days of each term. All degree-seeking students are required to be registered for a full-time load for each term (12-15 credits during fall and winter terms, three to four credits for spring term).
2024 Winter Undergraduate Registration Schedule
• Friday, October 27 - Planning Day- Drop in at the Marketplace (12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.)
• Monday, October 30 - Senior Registration (7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
• Tuesday, October 31 - Planning Day- Drop in at the Marketplace (12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.)
• Wednesday, November 1 - Junior Registration (7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
• Thursday, November 2 - Planning Day - Drop in at the Marketplace (12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.)
• Friday, November 3 - Sophomore Registration (7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
• Monday, November 6 - Planning Day - Drop in at the Marketplace (12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.)
• Tuesday, November 7 - First Year Registration (7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
• Wednesday, November 8 - Planning Day
• Thursday, November 9 at 12:00 p.m. for ALL students - Open Registration
What are the steps for registering for classes?
- Step 1: Building Your Course Plan
- Step 2: Add Sections to Your Planned Schedule
- Step 3: Register for Classes
- Check-list of Steps (in pdf format)