Hillel at Washington and Lee A "Small and Mighty" Campus of Excellence
Washington and Lee Hillel is established to provide facilities, guidance and organization for religious, cultural, educational, social, community service, and interfaith activities for Jewish students, Washington and Lee University, and the Jewish community of Rockbridge County. W&L Hillel is dedicated to building Jewish identity and community while nurturing intellectual and spiritual growth.
Washington and Lee Hillel Values
- Creating a pluralistic, welcoming, and inclusive environment
- Fostering student growth
- Balancing the need for both a distinctively Jewish and universal human identity
- Pursuing tzedek (social justice), tikkun olam (repairing the world), and Jewish learning
- Supporting Israel and the global Jewish community
- Committing to excellence, innovation, accountability, and results
Hillel International Mission Statement
Enriching the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world.
Hillel International Vision Statement
We envision a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.