Health and Human Services
The Office of Career and Professional Development at Washington and Lee University has not vetted any of the internship and volunteer opportunity listings on this page and makes no representations or guarantees regarding any of the listed opportunities. It is the responsibility of students and alumni to do their own due diligence when applying for and accepting any of these opportunities.
Explore careers in health and human services by exploring the links below. Found a career you're interested in? Stop by our office or make an appointment via Handshake with a career advisor and begin networking to learn more.
A career involving health and human services often requires you to have a scientific resume or curriculum vitae. Check out examples of both on Handshake in the resource library.
Social Work & Counseling
- American Psychology Association
- Coalition on Human Needs - Jobs and internships in social fields
- Jobs in Therapy - Jobs in therapy by discipline
- Miracle Workers - A division of CareerBuilder which connects employers to the top talent in the healthcare profession.
- National Association of School Psychologists - Jobs and internships in school psychology
- Social Service - Jobs and internships in social services
- Social Work Job Bank - Jobs in social work
- Harvard Summer Institute in Biomedical Informatics
- Center for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- Princeton's Research Program in Molecular and Quantitative & Computational Biology
- National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics
Healthcare & Public Health
- American Public Health Association
- Advocates for Public Health Education - Public health fellowships and career resources
- Carilion Clinic
- CDC - Jobs and internships with the Center for Disease Control
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Global Health Corps
- Healthcare IT Central - Jobs in Healthcare IT; go to job search and type in analytics
- Health Careers
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Kaiser Family Foundation
- Miracle Workers
- MPH - Public health fellowships
- National Institute of Health
- Pharmiweb - Brings news and job openings in the pharmaceutical industry
- Public Health Partners - Internships and fellowships from a collaboration of government agencies, public health organizations and science libraries
- World Health Organization
- Peer Counseling - The Peer Counseling Program is a team of student volunteers dedicated to helping other students experiencing any kind of emotional problems. Recognizing that students often feel most comfortable talking with friends about life issues, the Peer Counselors receive extensive training on how to help other students.
One of the best ways to explore careers and find job opportunities is to network with progressional. Below are some alumni who have experience in the field and have volunteered to be a resource. To connect with someone, log in to Colonnade Connections and find their contact information. Not sure how to begin networking? Stop by our office to get started.