Gregory Barton earned his bachelor’s degree from Washington and Lee University in 2013. In addition, he completed his graduate work in Historic Preservation and Preservation Design at the Savannah College of Art and Design. For six years he worked at Norfolk Academy, a co-education private school in Norfolk, Virginia. His career in education began as a primary school teacher, but quickly progressed to him teaching advanced placement courses in the high school division. Gregory specialized in upper level art history and studio art courses, as well as coaching football and lacrosse.
Entrepreneurship and Start Ups
Explore careers in entrepreneurship and start ups by exploring the links below. Found a career you're interested in? Stop by our office or make an appointment via Handshake with a career advisor and begin networking to learn more.
The Office of Career and Professional Development at Washington and Lee University has not vetted any of the internship and volunteer opportunity listings on this page and makes no representations or guarantees regarding any of the listed opportunities. It is the responsibility of students and alumni to do their own due diligence when applying for and accepting any of these opportunities.
- Venture For America - Learn and apply for this program for enterprising college graduates who can revitalize American cities and communities through entrepreneurship.
- Thiel Fellowship - $100,000 for 2 years to support 20 and unders to "learn by doing" and accelerate their professional development so that they can bring their most ambitious projects to life
- Enstitute - Enstitute is a non-profit, apprenticeship-based, educational experience that turns startups and small businesses into classrooms. Apply to 50+ jobs with one application to work with the most innovative companies and learn directly from CEOs!
- All Business - Information, products, and services for entrepreneurs to start, manage, finance and build a business
- B Corps Job Board - resource for finding meaningful work
- Entrepreneur.com - Information to help start, grow or manage a small business
- StartupJournal - The Wall Street Journal Center for Entrepreneurs
- My Own Business - A free course on how to start a business
- Ashoka - A global organization that identifies and invests in leading social entrepreneurs
- Social Edge - Global online community where social entrepreneurs connect to network, learn, inspire and share resources
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Newswire - CSR news, reports, blogs, events
- Ladies Who Launch - Provides online resources and connections for women entrepreneurs
- Mass Challenge - Connects entrepreneurs with the resources they need to launch and succeed immediately, internship opportunities posted as well
- Echoing Green Fellowship - supports innovative solutions to community challenges
- Entrepreneurship - A capstone course designed to expose students to a strategic perspective on business challenges in the context of entrepreneurial firms. Integrating concepts and analytical tools from functional disciplines (e.g., finance, marketing, accounting) in the diagnosis, analysis, and resolution of complex business situations, this seminar helps students develop the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to excel in either new ventures or in today's increasingly entrepreneurial corporate environments. Among other activities, students learn from case studies, class discussions, and working together to develop and present a business plan.
- Venture Club - The Venture Club was established in 2010 to help students from across campus learn about start-ups in a hands-on environment. During the term, students meet on a weekly basis to listen to guest speakers, plan and promote events such as the Entrepreneurship Summit, and work on consulting projects for start-ups.
One of the best ways to explore careers and find job opportunities is to network with progressional. Below are some alumni who have experience in the field and have volunteered to be a resource. To connect with someone, log in to Colonnade Connections and find their contact information. Not sure how to begin networking? Stop by our office to get started.