Credit Card Purchases can be made by the Executive Council for Student Organizations. Please consider this option instead of using personal funds and then being reimbursed later. These purchases are under the control of authorized EC officers only.

Invoices for Student Organization payments should be entered as a supplier invoice request in Workday.  The invoice requests needs to include the Student Organization account name and spend category.  If this invoice request includes a contract, please attach a signed copy of the contract with your request.

There will be a delay in payment if emails are missing information or correct authorization is missing.

Checks are mailed directly to the vendor.  Invoices for services, i.e. bands or catering must include a tax ID number for payment. Checks are written and mailed on Fridays. 

Important: The invoice request must be appoved by the Program Manager by noon on Tuesday, for any check needed by Friday. Please see the Accounts Payable Schedule for Disbursements for the normal and holiday schedules.  Due to COVID-19, Accounts Payable is only processing one check run each week.

A W-9 form is a  request form for the taxpayer's identification number from the service provider.  The University is required to report payments for services (including rents, medical fees, honorariums, prizes, awards, and attorney fees) to the IRS on a form 1099- Misc.  The University makes payments directly to vendor/individuals. When an employee/student is reimbursed for payments made for services, rents, prizes and awards, etc., a W-9 is required from the vendor or person paid because this is the same as the University paying for services directly. Please review the W-9 Requirements for more information.

Contracts with bands, outside catering etc. may take additional time to process. Please submit any contract payments as early as possible.

Reimbursement of Expenses for mileage and other expenses can be submitted as a supplier invoice request in Workday. If the person being reimbursement is the Program Manager, then a second officer or an EC officer approval needs be attached to the request.  A paid invoice or receipt is required to be attached and must include the amount, date, and detailed description of purchase.  The request must include the purpose of the reimbursement. To be reimbursed the request needs to answer the following questions:

  • What was purchased?
  • When was it purchased?
  • Why was it purchased?
  • How much was spent?
  • Who purchased the items?

Direct Deposit for reimbursements is available. Instructions can be found on the Accounts Payable Direct Deposit Instructions page.