General Account Information
We are currently working on updating our website information for Workday. Please see https://my.wlu.edu/its/workday for more information about Workday.
- Accounts are 12 digit numbers composed of:
- Current listings of objects and unit balances are on the BO web page
- Account numbers can also be found on MyAccounts where you have view access.
- Notes on transfers between accounts:
- Object 7998 can be used for transfers between departments (use 7998 for both depts.)
- You can also transfer with the same object, such as 7819 to increase and decrease office supplies expense between departments.
- You can also transfer to 7990, cost recovery, when a reimbursement or funding is transferred.
- In general, we do not make transfers with revenue objects, (5xxx objects) however 5990 can be used for miscellaneous revenue, especially for student accounts.
Source Codes/ Reference Numbers (Ref#) descriptions
|Actual Opening Balance, the amount carried forward from the prior year
|Actual Encumbrance, the amount carried forward from the prior year
|University card charges (old AT&T card system)
|Credit Cards expenses
|Dining Services Billing
|Invoices or bills generated by the Business Office
|Account transfers or Journal Entries
|Physical Plant work order charges
|Purchase Journal, vendor voucher# will also be referenced
|Raiser's Edge, contributions or donor gifts