Faculty and Staff Domestic Travel With Students (with students)
All faculty and staff who organize University-sponsored domestic trips with students on any overnight trip should follow the protocols outlined below.
- Faculty and staff must register for the trip via the Domestic Travel Registry two weeks before the scheduled trip. During registration, the faculty or staff lead will be asked to provide the following:
- Dates of trip
- Student roster
- Travel arrangements
- Contact person, secondary contact person, emergency contact person
- Associated program
- Students must also register via the Domestic Travel Registry two weeks before the trip.
When planning domestic travel with students, faculty/staff should consider the following:
- What is the duration of the trip?
- How will students travel to the intended location?
- What accommodations will be provided for students?
- What is your contingency plan if a faculty/staff member or student becomes incapacitated or accommodations are no longer available?
- What is your communications plan in the event of an emergency?
- Have you and your student downloaded the Live Safe App downloaded on their devices prior to traveling?
- Have you reviewed the W&L Emergencies in Off-campus Programs Emergency Management Plan?