What CBL Opportunities are Available?
1. Take a CBL course
2. Learn about CBL research and internship opportunities
3. View other student engagement and service learning opportunities at W&L
4. Connect with Engage W&L to learn about volunteer possibilities in the community
Over 95% of Students Who Took a Community-Engaged Course Agree That...
• They benefited from their community-engaged course
• They addressed a community-identified goal
• Engaging in the community deepened their understanding of course materials
"Working with the community impacted how I comprehended the larger and deeper meaning behind the readings we did in class."
"I enjoyed talking with community members and other volunteers and learned the most through those interactions. It was nice to feel like I was giving back to the community rather than just using its resources."
"The biggest part of the course concepts I took away is reflecting and growing professionally. While working with my community partner I was able to practice ethical procedures such as confidentiality and expressing a non-judgmental attitude when interacting with different individuals. As a growing professional, I was able to build the way I run meetings, communicate, and behave in this setting. Working with an outside W&L group was also important to keep in mind because I was not only representing myself but the university."