Common Problems With Web Forms for Students Solutions for students who can't log into Web formsPrint
Some of the most common problems are:
- You are repeatedly presented with a login prompt, which never is successful. You are using a personal computer, or are off campus. Try entering your user name with the prefix "AD\" . E.g. AD\MyAccountName . W&L's Active Directory domain is named "AD". This prefix tells the web server which domain to authenticate against.
- The previous step does not work, but in the popup, you see an option similar to "Use Another Account". Select that option, and use the AD\ prefix. In this case, your browser is using your computer's name as the authentication domain, and is ignoring the AD\ prefix.
- Has your W&L password expired? Has it been more that one year since you changed it? You may do so at http://password.wlu.edu.
- You are using FireFox version 30.0 on a Mac or Linux workstation. Release 30 breaks Windows authentication.
- You are using FireFox version 40, and accessing an unauthenticated page with authenticated content embedded in it. This version of FireFox intentionally disables this if the page and content are in different domains. You can configure Firefox to allow this, or use a different browser.
- You are using Safari, and receiving the error "request body stream exhausted". This is a bug with Safari authentication. Use a different browser.
- You are on an iOS device, recently updated to version 7. This update breaks windows authentication for some iOS devices like iPhones or iPads. Use another device.
- You are never presented with a login prompt. You are using Internet Explorer on a W&L computer, from off campus. Integrated Windows login is failing because the browser can not communicate with a W&L AD Domain Controller from off campus. Use another browser or temporarily disable Integrated Windows authentication
If none of these solutions work, try going to http://MyVI.wlu.edu and opening a web browser from the APPS screen. Unfortunately you will need to enter your student login information when prompted. Then, you will be indirectly using a real W&L computer. This should bypass the above issues associated with using personal devices.