Voicemail for W&L Employees FAQPrint
I'm a new employee at W&L. How do I set up voicemail?
Your W&L extension won't receive voicemail until you complete these steps:
- Press soft key marked Voicemail
- Enter default security code. Contact ITS (email@example.com or x4357) if you can't find it.
- Follow the prompts to enter a new code and finish voicemail setup
How do retrieve my voicemail?
You can retrieve voicemail in two ways:
- Look for an e-mail from "nec8700" with subject line "Voice Message from Voicemail Tel: <phone number here>. Open the attachment, which is a sound file, and listen to it.
- Use a phone to retrieve voicemail:
- On-campus from an office phone: press the Voicemail soft key; enter your security code and follow the prompt
- Off campus: Dial 458-4200; Press the # key; enter your four-digit extension; enter your security code
How can I send a caller directly into someone else's voicemail?
Here's how you can forward a call to the voicemail of a W&L extension, without waiting for that extension to ring:
- A call comes in and you answer
- Press the "Hold"
- Dial *74 and the four-digit extension followed by the soft key "DIAL"
- Hang up the phone
How do I find additional help or support?
- See Office Phones (NEC) FAQ
- Concise phone/voicemail guide for printing - sized for wallet or purse (PDF)
- NEC Phone tutorials are available on YouTube, click here for the playlist.
- For all other questions and to arrange training for yourself or your department, contact the ITS Information Desk in Leyburn Library at (540) 458-4357 (HELP) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org