EAS Opportunities in East Asian Studies Study Abroad, Internships, and other opportunities for East Asian Studies
- Scholarships Available to Study Intensive Chinese or Japanese at Washington University in St. Louis this Summer with the ALLEX Foundation
- 2017 Ambassador Scholarship Program (Due March 31): For Students interested in applying for a scholarship for studying Mandarin and culture in Taiwan.
- Study Abroad programs in Asia, approved by W&L and listed in our Center for International Education website.
- KCP International Japanese Language School (Summer Applications Due in March): Information & Application
- Taiwan-United States Sister Relations Alliance (Due in March): Information & Application
- Temple University Education Abroad (Fall Applications Due in April): Information & Application
- Student Paper Competition: Undergraduate student paper prize for current students and 2016 graduates. Cash prize, registration and lodging for the 2017 annual conference, and publication in ASIANetwork Exchange: A Journal for Asian Studies in the Liberal Arts.
- Student Poster Sessions: Still accepting submissions for the 2017 Annual Conference.
- Summer Faculty Development Program: Provides a three-week 2017 summer faculty development trip to Indonesia
- Student Faculty Fellows Program: Provides up to $45,000 to support a project that includes a 2017 summer trip to Asia for 1 or 2 faculty members and 4 to 6 students. Open to all academic disciplines
- Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow: Provides $40,000/year to each of the selected colleges as partial support for the hiring of a teaching fellow for one or two years (2017-19) and an additional $1,000 stipend to the fellow's mentor.
- Taiwan-America Student Conference: July 11-25, 2021, Fully Online
- Application: Applications are open until June 20th with a $25 application fee
- The University of Kansas: East Asian M.A. Programs
- Application Dealines
- Domestic Students: December 1, 2021 for Spring 2022 & May 1, 2022 for Fall 2022
- International Students: February 1, 2022 for Fall 2022
- Application Dealines
- Georgetown University:
- Japan-U.S. Global Partnership 2022-2023: Now accepting applications!
Note: Not all programs listed are approved by EALL for language credit. Students interested in Japanese or Chinese language credit for study abroad should speak to the appropriate EALL Professor. For a list of EALL-endorsed programs, please see the EALL Page.