Mr. Brown is a 2007 graduate of DePauw University in Greencastle, Indiana, where he majored in Communications and minored in Economics. Additionally, Mr. Brown was an all-conference player for the men's basketball team and named to the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference Academic Honor Roll. Upon graduation from DePauw, Mr. Brown relocated to New York City, where he spent time on Wall Street as an analyst in the tax-exempt capital markets group at J.P. Morgan Securities Inc., with a specific focus on clients in the Southeast region consisting of Florida and Puerto Rico.
Explore careers in sports industry by exploring the links below. Found a career you're interested in? Stop by our office or make an appointment via Handshake with a career advisor and begin networking to learn more.
The Office of Career and Professional Development at Washington and Lee University has not vetted any of the internship and volunteer opportunity listings on this page and makes no representations or guarantees regarding any of the listed opportunities. It is the responsibility of students and alumni to do their own due diligence when applying for and accepting any of these opportunities.
- Dream Careers - Offers sports industry internships
- GoAbroad - Database for internships available abroad
- Jobs In Sports - Job board for internships and careers on sports teams; requires subscription
- League of Arena Football - Students can sign up to receive internship notifications
- NCAAMarket - Careers in college athletics, includes internships
- NFL - Internship opportunities with the NFL; mostly for juniors and seniors
- NHL - Job openings and internships with NHL
- Special Olympics - Available jobs and internships involving Special Olympics
- Sports Business Daily: Stay informed of the latest sports business industry news
- SportsCareerFinder.com - Jobs in Pro sports, includes sports industry resources
- Sports Management Worldwide - List of conferences and internships
- Team Work Online
- Work In Sports
- Coaching Associations
- US Sports Coaching - Opportunity to coach children at camps or learn coaching from an unpaid internship
- World Endeavors - Coaching and sports management internships abroad
- Women Leaders in College Sports
Exercise and Fitness
- Corporate Fitness Works - Internship training in fitness instruction and daily facility operations; must be junior or senior
- Exercise Jobs
- Jobs in Health and Fitness Sector
- Premier Health and Fitness Resources - Database of internships involving fitness and wellness instruction
Sports Media, Management, and Analytics
- Sports Internships - Opportunities across the country in sports equipment stores or sports management
- US Sports Institute - Offers internships in areas such as marketing, media, and coaching; 7-14 weeks long
- NASCAR - Internship opportunities for rising juniors and above; areas include marketing, finance, media, etc.
- Major League Soccer - Summer internship program; opportunities within the media aspect of sports
- US Olympic Team - Internship with US Olympic Committee involving sports medicine, marketing, sports management, and more
- World Internships - Sports medicine, marketing, and management internships abroad
- SAS - Business data and analytics company that offers sports analytics services used by MLB, NBA, and NHL franchises.
- List of Sports Analytics Companies
- 24 - 24 at Washington & Lee University is a student-run organization committed to creating and promoting a united community of student-athletes.
- Boxing Club - The Boxing Club at Washington and Lee aims to provide an environment for students to learn and improve their boxing skills while keeping one another accountable for their goals. It teaches members to learn safe technique and form while developing their skills.
- Polo Club - The Washington and Lee Polo Association provides opportunities for polo training and competition to its membership. It serves to maintain equestrian training opportunities for riders wishing to ride recreationally or establish a polo-playing base.
One of the best ways to explore careers and find job opportunities is to network with progressional. Below are some alumni who have experience in the field and have volunteered to be a resource. To connect with someone, log in to Colonnade Connections and find their contact information. Not sure how to begin networking? Stop by our office to get started.