Guidelines for Contracted Services on Campus Updated August 9, 2021
All work performed on campus by Contractors or Vendors shall be conducted in a manner consistent with the latest CDC and State of VA Guidelines and the following to help prevent illness and control of the spread of COVID-19.
- Social distancing of six feet (6’) must be maintained when possible.
- Masks are required within University Facilities at all times.
- Masks are required outside when six feet (6') distancing cannot be maintained.
EXCEPTION to 1 – 3 : If individuals willingly volunteer to provide proof of vaccinations, masking and social distancing for those individuals will be based on the CDC’s Interim Public Health Guidance for Fully Vaccinated Individuals, which recommends that fully vaccinated people only wear a mask in public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high transmission. Campus requirement will be based on the Level of Community Transmission in Lexington City, Virginia.
- Work areas requiring more than one person and more than one business day must identify existing facilities or establish means for hand washing or hand sanitation convenient to those conducting the work.
- Restroom use must be coordinated with University Facilities. Contractor or Vendor may be expected to clean restrooms daily.
- Contractors and Vendors must comply with precaution measures beyond these guidelines if posted at the entry as a requirement for entry.
Note Regarding EXCEPTION: Contractors or Vendors shall designate a superintendent, foreman, etc. to maintain a log of those who have willingly volunteered proof of vaccination. This log will be available for University review at all times.
Note Regarding Masks: Approved face mask; KN95, 2-ply medial mask or equivalent. Masks must be worn covering the nose and mouth. Neck gaiters do not qualify as an approved mask.
The University reserves the right to modify these guidelines at any time at its sole discretion.