The Blue Ridge Mile Driver's Licensing Initiative
Mission: The Blue Ridge Mile Clinic, in collaboration with Drive-To-Work, aims to support clients in navigating the steps required to obtain or reinstate a driver's license, learn about and attempt to address the systematic and personal challenges of the processes, and gain an understanding of the district court and DMV practices
The Challenge: Acquiring or maintaining a driver’s license is not always easy, due to confusing rules, the challenges with obtaining the required legal documents, or the lack of sufficient guidance.
The Response: As part of the Shepherd Program at Washington and Lee University, The Blue Ridge Mile is a student-led program committed to supporting clients in navigating the steps required to obtain or reinstate a driver’s license. Participants will gain an in-depth understanding of the systemic and personal challenges in that process and a more excellent knowledge of the District Court and Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:30AM to 10:30AM at the Lexington/Rockbridge District Court
- First and Third Thursday from 2:00PM to 4:00PM at Buena Vista District Court (2039 Sycamore Ave.)
- Second Thursday from 2:00PM to 4:00PM at RARA in Lexington (350 Spotswood Dr.)
Contact: 540-589-0154 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- W&L Students Form Blue Ridge Mile Clinic (W&L Columns)
- Blue Ridge Mile Project helps those who lost licenses (WDBJ7)
- Washington and Lee University students launch program to help people regain driver's license (WSLS)