Student Clubs and Organizations

The Office of Student Activities offers resources to help new student organizations as well as Recognized Student Organizations (RSO).

To register a new student organizations with the Office of Student Activities, please complete the student organization application form. Organizations must have an on-campus faculty/staff advisor and a constitution/bylaws. Once the application form has been submitted and reviewed, you will have the opportunity to meet with the Office of Student Activities to discuss resources. If you have questions, please contact us at

Recognized Student Organizations may:

  • Reserve space in Elrod Commons and elsewhere on campus
  • Reserve tables inside and outside Elrod Commons to promote events and sell merchandise, ticket, etc.
  • Register to participate in the Campus Activities Fair (Note: no unrecognized student organizations may participate but you do not need to have received EC recognition to participate)
  • Advertise events through the Office of Student Activities by tagging @wlustudentactivities on Instagram.

Please visit the Executive Committee for information about applying for recognition and funding. EC recognition is required to request a Business Office account (even if you are not seeking EC funding at this time). Please feel free to reach out to the Office of Student Activities, Executive Committee, or the Business Office for clarification.

Student Organization Application

Please complete this application for Recognized Student Organizations. Benefits of recognition include the ability to reserve space in Elrod Commons and elsewhere on campus, request locker storage and access the student organization resource room, advertise in Elrod Commons, check out Outing Club equipment for group activities, participate in the Campus Activities Fair during Orientation Week, and inclusion on the Office of Student Activities's website.

EC Budget/Funding Request

Organizations recognized by the Executive Committee may request funding in accordance with the Committee's Budget Policy. The policy, current budget allocations and the funding request form are available on the EC website.

Request an Email Address

Recognized student organizations may request an organization email address with permission from Student Activities by creating an IT Help Ticket.