A guidebook created by the NPHC and Panhellenic Councils for women interested in going through sorority recruitment. Everything from recruitment rules and important dates, to a review of the Greek alphabet can be found here.
At a minimum, students must have earned 12 credit hours from W&L with a minimum GPA of 2.5 to be eligible to participate in a Formal Recruitment or Membership Intake Process. Please note that specific chapters may have additional eligibility requirements.
As a general rule, first-year students who are taking an incomplete grade(s) in their coursework may participate in a Formal Recruitment or Membership Intake Process with the express understanding that in order to continue with new member education and initiate into an organization:
- The incomplete grade(s) must be resolved by the due date set by the instructor and no later than the end of the 15th class day (third week) of the term in which they are seeking membership.
- Students will have earned 12 credit hours from W&L and a minimum GPA of 2.5 upon completion of the incomplete grade(s).
If a student fails to meet these requirements, the student must immediately discontinue all new member activities and cannot be initiated into the organization. Should a student be granted an extension to carry an incomplete beyond the 15th class day of the term in which they are seeking membership, they should expect to hear from their class dean to discuss. Similarly, the organization of which they are seeking membership will be notified by the appropriate Greek life adviser.
Registration for the 2023 Formal Panhellenic and IFC Recruitment cycles will open during the fall term.
- Registration for the Panhellenic Formal Recruitment process begins on Tuesday, October 24, and will close on Tuesday, December 5 at 11:59 pm.
- The Panhellenic Formal Recruitment process will occur Monday, January 8 - Wednesday, January 10 and on Saturday, January 13 and Sunday, January 14.
- If you have questions or concerns, please contact Leah Beard (email@example.com), Panhellenic Adviser.
Interfraternity Council (IFC)
- Registration for the IFC Formal Recruitment process begins on Monday, November 6, and will close on Friday, December 8 at 11:59pm.
- The IFC Formal Recruitment process will occur Monday, January 8 - Thursday, January 11.
- Students participating in formal recruitment will not be permitted to move back early because all students may move back to campus beginning on Saturday, January 6.
- If you have questions or concerns, please contact Dean McCoil (firstname.lastname@example.org), IFC Advisor.
How To Register for IFC or Panhellenic Recruitment
- Go to: https://mycampusdirector2.com/login/?selectschool=1
- Create an account.
- Select your school:
- "Washington and Lee University Panhellenic Sororities"
- "Washington and Lee University IFC Fraternities"
** When registering for IFC or Panhellenic recruitment, be sure to select "IFC Fraternities" or "Panhellenic Sororities" **
Membership Intake Process (MIP)
- Each of our NPHC organizations holds Membership Intake Processes (MIP) at different times depending on interest and approval from their national headquarters.
- If you are interested in one of our NPHC organizations, please contact Heidi Bustos, Assistant Director of Inclusion and Engagement (email@example.com), directly.