Office of Health Promotion
The Office of Health Promotion provides students with information about alcohol and other drugs, sexuality issues including sexual misconduct and sexual harassment, nutrition, stress management, and mental health issues such as depression and eating disorders. The goal of the Office of Health Promotion is to encourage students to make safe choices by having science-based information.
The Office of Health Promotion:
- Advocates for campus policies which promote the creation of a healthier campus environment;
- Offers educational outreach programs, awareness activities, and dynamic speakers, in collaboration with student organizations or other campus departments and offices;
- Offers individual student appointments;
- Coordinates the Bystander Intervention program;
- Offers on-line health assessments;
- Provides referrals to health resources from A to Z;
- Provides AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention for first-year students and parents;
- Provides training, resources, and educational materials;
- Conducts alcohol and other wellness programs for student organizations;
- Advises SPEAK (a peer organization educating students about sexual misconduct);
- Advises the Campus Community Coalition;
- Conducts assessments of campus health trends.
Please contact this office to help you with your individual health questions or programming needs!