Museums Advisory Committee
Museums Advisory Committee is typically composed of the Director of the Museums, the Associate Director of the Museums, the Curator of the Reeves Collection, a faculty representative from the Department of Art and Art History, and other appropriate members designated by the Provost, which may include the Dean of The College (or designee), the Vice President for University Advancement (or designee), representatives from both Law and the Undergraduate Libraries, and other faculty representatives as required from relevant disciplines. Duties include:
- Assist with oversight of the mission and scope of collections
- Recommend policy and practice for collections development and collection management.
- Review objects proposed for acquisition and make recommendations regarding acceptance and disposition.
- Review all objects recommended for deaccession and formally recommend deaccessions to the Provost or President for final approval, as directed in the Collections Policy.
- Review proposed incoming and outgoing loans
- Advise on educational programming
- Advocate on behalf of the Museums as an academic resource within the university community.
Elliott King, Chair
Ex Officio Members:
Thomas Camden, Head of Special Collections, University Library
Isra El-Bashir, Associate Director of the Museums
Fred LaRiviere, Associate Dean of The College and Associate Professor
Ronald Fuchs, Curator, Reeves Collection
Patricia Hobbs, Associate Director, University Collections of Art and History
Nancy McIntyre, Senior Director of Development (for The College)
Lynn Rainville, Director of Institutional History and the Museums
Alex Zhang, Assistant Dean of Legal Information Services
Members, alternating three-year appointments:
Gordon Reistrup - 2020-2021 (replacing Kameliya Atanasova - 2018-2021)
Kevin Finch - 2018-2021
Elliott King - 2018-2021
Mackenzie Brooks - 2020-2023
Lawrence Hurd - 2020-2023
Elizabeth Teaff - 2020-2023