In response to the final report of the Committee for the Review of Undergraduate Tenure and Promotion, Interim Provost Bob Strong provides a brief description of the work on tenure and promotion done by the President's Advisory Committee in 2011-12 or in a typical year.
Undergraduate Tenure and Promotion
- Annual Timetable for Pacing the Process of File Preparation and Review
- Advisory Committee Guidelines for Classroom Observation
- COVID-19 Tenure clock adjustment
- Guidelines for Assembling the Contents of a Tenure File
- Guidelines for Assembling the Contents of a Promotion File
- Template for Soliciting Outside Letters of Evaluation of Scholarship
- Addition of Material to the file After it has been Submitted to the Department Committee
- Process for Granting Tenure at the Time of Hire
- Instructions for Student Letter Solicitation Process
The Faculty approved the FDD concept on November 6, 2016, and charged Advisory with developing guidelines for departments to draft these documents. Please find Advisory Guidance for Departmental/Interdisciplinary Program Faculty Development Documents (FDD) here.