The First-Year Award indicates recognition by the faculty for outstanding work in the department and related coursework.
Awards and Scholarships
2019 Department Award Recipients
- Isabel Shaffrey, Nolan Zunk and Emma Aldrich - Physics-Engineering First Year Award - indicates recognition by the faculty for outstanding work in the department and related coursework
- Lauren Kaplinsky, Sho Gibbs and Anthony Lorson- share the Physics-Engineering Sophomore Award - recognition by the faculty for outstanding work in the department and related coursework
- Stevan Kriss, Daniel Clark and Laws Smith - share the Physics-Engineering Departmental Award - based on excellence of performance
- Ryder Babik - Akins Prize in Engineering - awarded to the student best exemplifying academic excellence, a socially responsible commitment to the greater community, and an enthusiasm for the study of engineering
- Kathryn Elise Baker - Avis P. Waring Scholarship - awarded to a student participating in co-curricular activities connecting academic studies, and service activities or pre-professional experiences
- Anna Soroka and Griffin Coffey- H. Thomas Williams Jr. Undergraduate Research Scholarship - named in honor of H. Thomas Williams Jr. by the Board of Trustees in 2007, this award is given to a student(s) in recognition of excellence in faculty-directed research
- Kirsten McMichael- Edith Lemberg Reese and Harold Augustus Reese Sr. Prize in Physics - awarded to graduating senior physics major pursuing a Ph.D. in physics, astronomy or mathematics.
Other Award Opportunities
In addition to Department scholarships and awards, announcements regarding supplemental opportunities for scholarships which come our way are forwarded to students via email.