The Johnson Opportunity Grant application process is broken into three sections. Below is a list of all information and uploads you will need to complete the process. Please gather all of these materials before you begin your application.
- Any remote internship, online certification program, or research project done via distance (Preference will be given to non-credit bearing summer opportunities, but in light of the COVID-19 crisis, we will consider online credit bearing opportunities that have a clear connection to personal career and leadership development).
- Any project in which the work would be considered essential by state and local executive orders (and/or volunteering).
- Any summer internship or program that has not been cancelled with the requirement that the student be able to abide by CDC and state and local executive orders for social distancing at the time of the internship/program.
1) Applicant Information
- Details about you
- Resume upload
- Transcript upload (can be unofficial; screenshot preferred)
- Name of W&L Faculty member whom you have requested to provide a letter of recommendation.
- (The recommendation request and upload instructions will be generated and sent directly to them via this form. We recommend you give them advance notice that the letter of recommendation is due on the Monday following the application deadline.)
2) Project Information
- General project information
- Project details and justification
- Organization and contact information if available
- Other program/funding sources
- Complete the Summer Opportunities Funding Request Form
- (This form must be completed in addition to this application, even if you are not applying for any other grants.)
3) Proposed Budget
- Projected one-time and weekly costs
- Projected income outside of grant
- Total costs for the project