Academic Technologies Software
What is it?
ITS licenses and supports a variety of specialized software to support teaching and learning, including:
- Box: Box is a cloud-based file storage and collaboration tool.
- Digication: Digication is an e-portfolio software that allows students, faculty, and staff to create portfolios document the learning process, to reach out to potential employers, and as a tool for assessment. Digication e-portfolios can also be used for creation of digital pre-tenure, tenure, and promotion portfolios.
- Maps and Timelines: A web-based tool allows faculty to gather and visualize data geographically and temporally.
- PollEverywhere: A web-based software for faculty in-class polls of students to promote engagement and gauge student understanding of topics.
- WordPress: A blogging tool that can be used for course and group projects, research, and other purposes. IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT WEB ACCESSIBILITY.
In addition, email and collaboration tools provide support for research, class projects, and other group work.
Who can use it?
Faculty, staff, and students.
How do I get it?
- WordPress web sites, accounts for PollEverywhere, access to Digication, as well as access to Maps and Timelines are created upon request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the ITS Information Desk at 540.458.4357 (HELP) with your request.
- Log into Box with your W&L network credentials at box.wlu.edu. For questions about how to use Box with your class, contact email@example.com or call the ITS Information Desk at 540.458.4357 (HELP).