What is it?
ITS offers a variety of opportunities for training:
- Self-service: Search this website, or browse the "how to" section, for specific information on how to use ITS-provided services and resources. You can also get help from these resources:
- The ITS YouTube channel - videos offer step-by-step instructions on various ITS-supported software
- LinkedIn Learning - online educational platform to help you discover and develop business, technology-related, and creative skills through expert-led course videos
- Safari Books Online - a vast library of technical manuals and books, available to read online
- Academy sessions: These periodic events feature demonstrations, hands-on workshops, panels, and other sessions offered in coordination with the University Registrar, Dean of the College, University Library, and other offices. Fall Academy is the main offering during the year, and features dozens of sessions over a two-week period just prior to the fall semester. Winter Academy takes place the week of undergraduate fall semester exams.
- Ad hoc training: ITS can provide custom training upon request, for groups (departments, for example) or one-on-one. Just contact us at email@example.com or 540.458.4357 (HELP).
Who can use it?
Faculty, staff, and students.
How do I get it?
- Academy sessions are announced on this website and in Campus Notices. Registration will open two to three weeks prior to the beginning of the academy.
- Faculty, staff and students can request custom training by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540.458.4357 (HELP).