Academic Technologies Consultation and Support
What is it?
Academic Technologies provides consultation and support to the University community to successfully integrate technology into teaching, learning, and research. This includes:
- Assistance to faculty in designing and creating Canvas and Sakai course sites, WordPress web sites/blogs, and other tools for course work and collaboration in support of their teaching and research.
- Assistance to faculty and students in using video and audio editing tools for digital storytelling and other projects.
- Assistance to faculty in developing grants that reference information technology. ITS also can provide support for large-volume and high-availability storage and other technology-related needs in support of research grants.
- Assistance to faculty with active learning methods.
- Assistance to faculty in flipping the classroom.
- Assistance to faculty with learning space usage.
- Assistance to faculty with teaching with technology.
Who can use it?
Faculty, staff, and students.
How much does it cost?
Consulting and multimedia support is provided free of charge. In some cases, charges may be assessed for material or software expenses.
How do I get it?
Contact the ITS Information Desk in Leyburn Library at 540.458.4357 (HELP) or send an email with your questions to email@example.com.