What Happens When I Retire?Print
Suggestions for Storage
- Create an account for on-line file storage using a NON-W&L email account (we do not make any specific recommendations, but here are a few)
- Log into MyVI
- Launch the Chrome Web browser
- Navigate to your on-line storage provider (from step 1)
- The following instructions are for Google Drive; if you use another service, they will be similar:
- Log in Select New -> File Upload
- Navigate to This PC
- Open your H drive
- Select files to move to the cloud service
Depending on the amount of data, you might need to move a few files and let that upload complete before moving the next set of folders
Move your Box Data
- Create a PERSONAL Box account using a NON-W&L email account
- Log into you W&L box account
- Click on the "Share" for any folders you want to move and select "Invite collaborators"
- Add the account from Step 1 as a "Co-Owner". They will appear as Pending
- Log into your PERSONAL Box account and accept the "Collaborator Invitation" from Step 3 (this will update the collaboration from Pending to Co-Owner)
- Log back into you W&L email address; click on the folder you have shared out.
- In the Upper Right will be a list of people you have shared with; change the sharing for the Personal Account from "co-owner" to "owner"
- Click OK on the following message
- If you log back into Box with the PERSONAL account, you can remove your W&L account as an Editor
- All files on the folder from step 3 are now owned by your personal account
Set up your W&L email
If you elect to keep using your W&L email you will need to continue to change your password yearly.
If you elect to not use your W&L please set a temporary forward rule on your account as the account will be removed.
How can I find additional help or support?
For more information, please contact the ITS Information Desk in Leyburn Library at (540) 458-4537 (HELP) or firstname.lastname@example.org.