Cable TV and Xfinity Streaming FAQPrint
What channels are available through the campus Xfinity service?
How do I stream TV, movies, and sports to my wireless devices?
- Computers: Students living in campus housing on the university's wireless network can log into xfinityoncampus.com with his or her W&L username and password. You may need to download an updated version of Adobe Flash Player to stream to your computer (if so, you will be prompted and it will recommend the correct version for your computer). The preferred browser for a Mac is Chrome.
- Mobile devices, including smartphones, tablets: download the XFinity Stream app and follow the directions, entering your W&L username and password when prompted. See https://xfinityoncampus.com/about for details.
This brief video tutorial provides instructions on connecting both computers and mobile devices to the XFinity streaming service.
How can I play content from my computer onto the communal TVs?
- Many of the TVs have HDMI ports nearby but you will need to have your own HDMI cord. If you have a Mac, additional adapters may be necessary.
- Additionally, the control panel accompanying many of the TVs permits you to use services such as Netflix and Hulu
How do I obtain additional help?
- For all other questions and to arrange training for yourself or your department, contact the ITS Information Desk in Leyburn Library at (540) 458-4357 (HELP) or by sending an email to email@example.com