What is Solstice?
A Solstice pod by Mersive enables up to four students and faculty to simultaneously connect, share, and control content on a large display, like a television of projector, from laptops and mobile devices. With Solstice, anyone can walk into a classroom or meeting space and instantly create a collaboration session - no cables, adapters, or additional hardware required.
Why use a Solstice pod?
Solstice provides multiple options for sharing classroom content. Faculty and students can share a laptop's entire desktop, or a tablet's single application window. It also enables the display of multiple windows or files from multiple devices side-by-side on a single screen. In addition, Solstice is device-agnostic, so it works with Windows, Apple and iOS, and Android mobile devices.
Where on campus can I use Solstice?
Spaces with a Solstice Pod include:
- Admissions 105 and 109
- Richard L. Duchossois Athletic and Recreation Center 103, 341, 342, 354, 364, 375, 432, and 443
- Early-Fielding Memorial Building 109, 114, G06
- Elrod Commons 212, 216, 221, 228, 333, 340, 355, 361 and Stackhouse Theater
- Facilities 109 and 136
- Hillel House 101
- Huntley Hall 220, 301, and 323
- Huntley Deans 201
- Lenfest Hall B06
- Leyburn Library 102, 109, 119, 121, 122, 128, 130, 140, 201, 222, 223, M40, M41, M42, and M47
- Newcomb Hall 116, 120, 122, 304, and 310
- Parmly Hall 306
- Reid Hall 111, 211, and 302
- Science Addition 114, 214, G14, and G22
- Simpson House Meeting Room
- Stadium 1, 2, 3, and 4
- Sydney Lewis Hall Classroom A, B, E, G; Archive Room; Moot Court Room; 426, 457
- Tucker Hall 024, 114, 115, 205, 319
- Wilson Hall 2010, 2017, 2018, and 2020
[Updated September 2022]
Is there a Solstice User Guide?
HELP! The Solstice pod isn't working!
Remember, devices need to be connected to a W&L university network (Eduroam Wi-Fi, WLU Wi-Fi, or on-campus Ethernet cable) in order to use the Solstice pod.
For troubleshooting assistance, contact the ITS Information Desk at 540.458.4357 (HELP) or email email@example.com.