Printing and Scanning FAQ


What is the printing and scanning solution on campus?

The university licenses BizHub printer/copier/scanners for all students, faculty, and staff. 

How do I email a document to print?

This is the quickest option for students to use in printing from their personal computers.
  • Using your Washington and Lee email, attach the document(s) you want to print.
  • In the TO: field of the email, type
    • - for double sided
    • - for double sided
  • Send the email
  • If an account selection is required (printing for your work study job or club) you will receive an additional email with a link to choose an account for the job. If you don't respond in 10 minutes, your job is cancelled.
  • Either swipe your University card at a BizHub to release your print job or type in the last seven digits on your ID card.

How do I print to BizHubs via Web upload?

This is the quickest option for students to use in printing from their personal computers.

  1. Access the Web upload interface
  2. Use your University network username and password to log in.
  3. You may upload PDFs or Microsoft Office documents for printing.
  4. Choose an account you wish to charge to (personal or departmental).
  5. Select your printer.

How do I use myVI to print?

  1. Log into
  2. Open the appropriate application (Word or PowerPoint, for instance) and select print - "BizHub" is selected by default. Print jobs will be black and white and duplex unless the printer preferences/properties are changed in the application at the time of printing.

How do I swipe to print a document?

1. If you are working at a lab computer, select one of the four following printers from the printing menu:

  • BizHubs-BW-Duplex (for black and white printing on two sides)
  • BizHubs-BW-Single (for black and white printing single-sided)
  • BizHubs-Color-Duplex (for color printing on two sides)
  • BizHubs-Color-Single (for color printing single-sided)

2. Go to any BizHub with a swipe device attached, swipe your University card, and release your print job. You may also type in the last seven digits on your ID card.

Where are the BizHub printers located?

There are publicly available BizHubs located in the following buildings:

  • Center for Global Learning
  • Early Fielding
  • Elrod Commons
  • Gaines Hall
  • Graham-Lees
  • Parmly Hall
  • Leyburn Library
  • Science Library
  • Third Year Housing
  • Lewis Hall

What if I'm a student and I need to print to a dept or organization account?

For instance, if you're copying on behalf of a department, you will want to charge that to the department account. If you are a law student working for a clinic, you will want to print to the clinic account. Just email to obtain permission to use a department or orgnization account.

How are undergraduate students charged for printing?

Undergraduate students receive a "print subsidy" of $50 for the year. Once the subsidy is depleted, students will then incur a charge each month for the output created that month. Undergraduate subsidies are set yearly and DO NOT carry over from year to year. Undergraduate subsides are NOT REFUNDABLE if not used.

How do I find additional help or support?

  • For all other questions and to arrange training for yourself or your department, contact the ITS Information Desk in Leyburn Library at (540) 458-4357 (HELP) or by sending an email to or in the Law School.