Password Manager Software - The official enterprise solution, approved and licensed for university use is Keeper, a password manager tool that provides users and businesses the ability to track, store, protect, share and manage login credentials for applications and online services.
How does one get access to the Keeper Password Manager app?
W&L users can access Keeper by adding the app from the MyApps page. Click the "Add apps" link on the left, then click "Add" beside the Keeper tile.
- NOTE - Those migrating from LastPass will maintain access to previously shared folders.
Get started with the Keeper app
- Select the Keeper app tile on your MyApps dashboard.
- Click "Accept" when presented with the Vault Transfer message. This is a requirement to ensure W&L vault data can be transferred and/or accessed once a user leaves the university. Only W&L business related items should be in this vault. Should you choose to set up a personal Keeper account, please store those items (e.g., financial records, health data, etc.) in your personal vault.
How do I import passwords from my LastPass vault?
*NOTE* Skip this step if you are not importing W&L business related passwords from a previous LastPass account.
1. Users will need to install the Keeper desktop application.
- If you have a Windows machine, open Software Center (type "software center" in Windows search). Click "Keeper Password Manager" then "Install."
- If you have a Mac machine, open Self Service, then install "Keeper Security App."
2. Open the new Keeper Password app.
3. Log in with your @wlu.edu email address.
4. Once logged in, click on your email in the top right corner, then select "Settings."
5. Under Settings click "Import", then select LastPass.
6. Enter @wlu.edu email. *DO NOT CHECK INCLUDE SHARED FOLDERS*
7. Select "Next" then enter your W&L credentials in the MyApps Okta window to log in to your LastPass Account. Aprove the Duo request.
8. View list of passwords to be imported, then click "Import." Review your imported items once complete.
9. If applicable, check your shared folders to be sure they match what you had access to from LastPass.
How do I add the Keeper Autofill browser extension?
Users can choose to add the Keeper Autofill browser extension for Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, Opera and/or Brave by downloading the tool here. The browser extension lets you autofill your login credentials in your favorite websites.
Can I set up a personal family account in Keeper?
Yes, you have the option to set up a personal family account in keeper, if you choose. To get started, click your email address in the upper right corner, then select "Account." Enter your personal email (not W&L email) in the new window, then click "Send Email." You will receive instructions from Keeper on setting up your personal family account.
Is there training available to learn how to use Keeper?
Keeper maintains an extensive library of guides for consumer and business end-users on desktop and mobile devices. Get started with Keeper End-User Guides here. In addition, training sessions can be set up with ITS staff by submitting a request through the ITS Helpdesk at X4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.