Duo Multi-Factor Authentication Enrollment Step-by-step instructions to enroll using Duo multi-factor authenticationPrint
In order to protect your University account from hackers ITS is implementing Duo Multifactor Authentication. Allow yourself 10-15 minutes to complete this process; once started, it must be completed or you'll lose access to Outlook Email, Box and possibly other applications. If you have any questions about this process or encounter difficulties, please contact the Information Desk at 540-458-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duo Enrollment and Setup
- Download the Duo Mobile app now to use your Phone or Tablet for dual authentication:
- From any computer go to: https://go.wlu.edu/DuoRequest and log in using your W&L username and password.
- Review your personal information (see example below). If it's correct, select the check box to acknowledge the Acceptable Use Policy and then click the Submit Request button.
- Go to: https://duoselfservice.wlu.edu and log in.
- Follow the additional steps as prompted. These include:
- Selecting your phone type
- Entering your phone number
- Acknowledging the Duo Mobile app has been installed
- Follow the directions to Open Duo Mobile. You may be prompted to allow the app to access your camera phone.
- Click Continue after scanning the barcode.
- You will be presented with an Enrollment Successful screen.
- Click the Dismiss button.
- You may now select a method to receive push notices from Duo. ITS recommends selecting Automatically send this device a Duo Push.
Verify Your Enrollment Worked!
- To verify everything is working properly:
- Close and reopen your browser and go to: https://duoselfservice.wlu.edu
- Log in and select "Send Me a Push"
- Respond to the push received via the Duo app on your phone.
- If the resulting screen display your device and settings, your verification was successful!
- If you cannot log in to the W&L Duo Portal, contact the Help Desk immediately at 540/458-4357
What Else Should I Know Now?
- You may need to recreate any email accounts you had set up on your phone or tablet. Click here to learn how to remove and re-add an email account to your iPhone.
- You may not Immediately experience a Duo prompt on every device (computer, phone, tablet), but all of your accounts will eventually ask for Duo authentication
- Two last, but very important, notes:
- If you ever receive a DUO prompt when you are confident you did not initiate a log in attempt, select DENY!
- For now enrolling protects your Office 365 Account (including Outlook Email), Box, and Workday. Other systems/applications will be added in the future.