IQ Center Student Employment
The IQ Center supports positions for work study students. Apply to be an IQ Center work study!
Work study students assist W&L students and faculty in the use of equipment in the IQ Center. They also perform routine maintenance of computers and equipment in the center. The equipment includes audio visual systems, computers, cameras, 3D printers and microscopes. Some work study students also help with design and maintenance of the Center's web site. Most shifts are in the afternoon and evening.
- Conduct tours of the IQ Center and demonstrate use of the equipment.
- Assist students and faculty with audio visual issues in classrooms.
- Install software and maintain computers.
- Make sure the center is secure during evening hours.
- Maintain and clean equipment.
Must be comfortable with computers and technology in general. Knowledge of one or more of the following is a plus:
- Knowledge of microscopy.
- Knowledge of 3D design and printing.
- The ability to work with images and video editing.
- Web design experience.