Placement Testing for German
Incoming students wishing to take the German placement test must take the test between June 1, 2020 and August 20, 2020. The test is on-line and should take at least fifteen minutes.
Detailed instructions and test access are provided below. Should you require assistance with testing procedures or should you encounter any difficulty in taking the German test, please contact one of the following individuals:
- Dr. Dick Kuettner (540-458-8995, email@example.com)
Help is available to you between the hours of 9 AM - 4 PM EDT Monday through Friday. If at all possible, schedule your testing time in conjunction with the times that assistance is available.
Remember that you are on your honor when you take this on-line placement test. The test must be taken in one sitting (fifteen minutes or more), and assistance of any kind (books, dictionaries, on-line glossaries, help from others - except the individuals listed above) is absolutely forbidden. You may take the test only once. More on the Washington and Lee Honor System.
After completing your placement test you receive points, a raw score, which W&L uses to place you into the appropriate level language class. You will be contacted by a department member about your results once you are on campus.
Good luck, and we wish you great success as you enter Washington and Lee University.
- Read these instructions in their entirety before you start the placement test. If the instructions are not fully clear to you, feel free to contact Dr. Dick Kuettner prior to taking the test.
- Fill in your information to create an account that will allow you to take the test. If you already have an account, click "I already have an account."
- Log in using your credentials.
- Select your language. Click "Take Test."
- Click "Pre-Test Survey" to complete a survey regarding your background with the language.
- After finishing the survey, click "Submit."
- Now you are ready to take the test. Click "Begin Test."
- Review carefully the instructions provided for each question before reading the question and answer choices.
- When you are done, click "See Score Report."
- A summary of your test score and details of placement will show up.
- Now that you have read and understood the instructions, click here to begin the testing process.
Should you require assistance with testing procedures, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 540-458-8995 for help.