Orientation & Educational Resources
Learn more about the Global Discovery Laboratories by clicking HERE.
World Language Teaching Workshop Series Instructional Videos
- Making Technology Have Relevance in the Language Classroom; Moving Toward Proficiency, November 7, 2013
- Planning for Success in the Language Classroom, Winter 2013
- Using the Target Language in Meaningful Contexts, February 27, 2014
- Engaging Technology Tools for the World Language Classroom, March 23, 2017
- Interculturality - Why is Interculturality at the Heart of Learning Languages?, May 4, 2017
- Ready, Set .... Wait, November 12, 2015
- Can-Do Statements for Intercultural Communicative Competence: Investigate, Interact, Reflect, December 2, 2017
- Integrating STEM in the World Language Classroom, February 15, 2018
- 2020 World Language Academy Virtual Instruction Workshop with Kelly Bisogno from the DOE, June 29, 2020
- Virginia World Language Updates with Dr. Lisa Harris, VDOE Specialist for World Languages and International Education, October 29, 2020
- Learning Activities for the Inhibited Language Learner, November 10, 2011
- All Things Considered: Language Classroom Edition, March 20, 2014
- Ten Take-Home Activities To Engage your Students, October 14, 2014
- Personal, Engaging, Portable: Multimedia and Digital Stories in the World Language Classroom, February 4, 2016
- Engaging All Learners at All Times, February 23, 2017
- Changing Teaching Style to Engage Generation Z Students Effectively, October 24, 2019
- Why Assessing Your Students Begins with Assessing Yourself, February 28, 2013
- Grading for Proficiency, September 17, 2013
- Score Big with SMARRT Language Goals, February 12, 2015
- PALS 2.0 The Fairfax Interpersonal Speaking Assessment and Writing, October 22, 2015
- Unlocking the Potential of Language Portfolios, March 7, 2019
- Tried and Proven Conversation-Building Activities, October 11, 2011
- Teaching Language With (Not Through) Film, January 19, 2012
- Kessel and Waggoner: True Differentiated Instruction, March 15, 2012
- Teacher Effectiveness for Language Learning, February 7, 2013
- Teaching the Lesson with Meaningful Input Strategies, April 25, 2013
- Skills-centric Learning, November 13, 2014
- Setting and Monitoring Learning Targets: Getting Educators and Learners on the Same Page, March 19, 2015
- Engaging Students with Language Learning Technology, March 17, 2016
- Meeting the Needs of Diverse Learners, October 20, 2016
- Gamification in the World Languages Classroom, October 26, 2017
- Using Technology to Provide Input, May 3, 2018
- Arts in the World Language Classroom, October 18, 2018
- Blended Learning: Where Virtual Instruction Comes Face to Face with Classroom Practices to Best Prepare 21st Century Students, January 31, 2019
- Meeting the Challenges of Instruction, Practice, and Feedback in World Language Teaching Online, June 15, 2020
- Achieving the World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages through Social Justice Education, September 17, 2020
- ACS Blended Learning As Best Practice Workshop
- ACS Blended Learning Workshop "Integrated Performance Assessment"
- ACS Blended Learning Workshop "Vocab Development"
- ACS Blended Learning Workshop "Content-Based Instruction Beyond the Norm"
Documentaries on Unique Strategies in the Language Classroom
- Integrated Performance Assesment with Professor Faundez-Reitsma: The IPA provides opportunities for students to demonstrate the ability to communicate with a specific content area or context (e.g., 'Famous Person or "Your Health') across the three modes of communication.
External Teaching Resources
Annenberg Learner Links: Advancement of excellent teaching in American schools through the development and distribution of multimedia resources for teaching and learning.