Guidelines for Use and Operation of 15-Passenger Vans
- No more than 10 people, including driver, are permitted to ride in a 15-passenger van to or from a W&L sponsored activity. The rear seat on all 15-passenger vans in the W&L fleet will be removed restricting the number of passengers.
- 15-passenger van drivers must have at least two years' safe driving experience and no serious violations on their driving record.
- All passengers must wear seat belts.
- The driver cannot use cellular phones while operating a W&L-owned or contracted vehicle except in case of emergency.
- The driver must not exceed the speed limit.
- Drivers must pay particular care on rural roads, where guardrails or shoulders are limited.
- Drivers must avoid extreme steering maneuvers, because overcorrecting may cause a rollover.
- Drivers should see that the vehicle has received routine maintenance, including that for proper tire inflation.
- Limit use of roof racks wherever possible.
- If the van is not full, ask all passengers to sit forward.
*These guidelines are subject to revision depending upon changes in federal, state or local regulations or insurance coverage issues. W&L is phasing out its use of all 15-passenger vans, so no department may place a purchase order for the same without prior written approval from the Vice President for Finance and Administration / Treasurer.