Subpoenas and Law Enforcement Inquiries

What do I do if I am contacted by an outside attorney regarding a University matter?

A: All dealings with outside attorneys should be conducted through the OGC. If you are contacted by an attorney other than an OGC attorney, please refer him/her to the OGC. For government / law enforcement inquiries, subpoenas, etc., please consult the university's Protocol on Receipt of Official Legal Documents, Site Visits and Other Contacts From Investigatory or Regulatory Authorities and Attorneys and the accompanying one-page bullet-point summary.