Computer Science Minor Requirements
2020 - 2021 Catalog
Computer Science minor
A minor in computer science requires six computer science courses of at least three credits each. A student may not complete both a major and a minor in computer science. In meeting the requirements of this discipline-based minor, a student may not use more than nine credits that are also used to meet the requirements of another major or minor.
- CSCI 111, 112
- One additional CSCI course at the 100 level or higher
- Two additional CSCI courses at the 200 level or higher
- One additional CSCI course at the 300 level or higher
- Required courses
- CSCI 111 - Fundamentals of Programming I
FDR FM Credits 4 Faculty Staff
A disciplined approach to programming with Python. Emphasis is on problem-solving methods, algorithm development, and object-oriented concepts. Lectures and formal laboratories.
- CSCI 112 - Fundamentals of Programming II
FDR SC Credits 4 Prerequisite CSCI 111 Faculty Staff
A continuation of CSCI 111. Emphasis is on the use and implementation of data structures, introductory algorithm analysis, and object-oriented design and programming with Python. Laboratory course.