Connell Cunningham Visiting Assistant Professor of Chemistry
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill · Chapel Hill, NC, (2006) Ph.D. in Chemistry
Dissertation: Increasing peptide sequence information from tandem mass spectrometry
Advisor: Gary L. Glish, Ph.D.
Honors: The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Royster Society of Fellows and the Ross and Charlotte Johnson Family Dissertation Fellowship
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro · Greensboro, NC, (2002) M.S. in Chemistry
Thesis: ESI-MS for the identification and quantitation of bioactive alkaloids in the aerial portions of the endangered medicinal plant golden seal (Hydrastis canadensis)
Advisor: Nadja B. Cech, Ph.D.
North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University · Greensboro, NC, (1999) B.S. in Chemistry, Secondary Education
Summa Cum Laude
Honors: North Carolina Teaching Fellows Program
- Cunningham, C. and Glish, G.L., High Amplitude Short Time Excitation: A Method to Form and Detect Low Mass Product Ions in a Quadrupole Ion Trap Mass Spectrometer, Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, Volume 17, Issue 1, Jan. 2006, Pages 81–84.
- Adebodun, F., Scott, C.E., Cunningham, C., Bustamante, P.M., Bradshaw, A., Ping, L., and Williams, K.R. Elevated levels of Ca (II) modulate the activity and inhibition of serine proteases: Implication in the mechanism of apoptosis. Cell Biochem. Funct. 2000 (18), 59–66.
- Cunningham, C., Vandevelde, D. Design and Implementation of Practical Qualitative Experiments Involving Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry as an Analytical Tool. Presented at Coastal Carolina Community College Faculty Workshops, Jacksonville North Carolina, January 2022.
- Cunningham, C., Croft, M., Hall, A.R., et al. Confirmation of the Selectivity of an LC+AMS Assay by Cross-Validation with LC-MS/MS. Presented at 14th Annual Land O’Lakes Bioanalytical Conference, Madison Wisconsin, 15-18 July 2013.
- Chen, C., Cunningham, C., and Eble, J.E. A Direct LC/MS/MS Method for Determination of β-Alanine in Human Plasma. Presented at the Society of Toxicology Meeting, Washington DC, March 2011.
- Cunningham, C., Remes, P.M., Burinsky, D.J., and Glish, G.L. “Fast Collision Induced Dissociation for the Identification of Peptides in a Quadruple Ion Trap Mass Spectrometer”, presented at the 53rd ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics, San Antonio, TX, June 2005.
- Cunningham, C., Ray, K.L., and Glish, G.L., “Iterative Accumulation Multiplexing TA-CID in a Quadrupole Ion Trap”, presented at the 52nd ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics, Nashville, TN; May 2004.