University-Funded International Travel for Faculty and Staff
University funds can only be used to fund international travel for faculty and staff to countries where the CDC Risk Assessment Level for COVID-19 is Level 1 (Low) or Level 2 (Moderate) and the U.S. Department of State's Travel Advisory is Level 1 (Exercise Normal Precautions) or Level 2 (Exercise Increased Caution). No tickets should be purchased or non-refundable expenditures made unless the two advisories are currently at levels one or two. Questions concerning university-funded international travel for students should be referred to the Center for International Education.
The Travel Registry is for international travel not affiliated with the Center for International Education, such as faculty/staff abroad on university business, travel with an athletic team, the choir, etc. All personnel participating in Washington and Lee sponsored international travel must register their travel to include emergency contact information.
Before you begin, please note that you will need the following:
- a scanned copy of your passport,
- your passport information, and
- your travel information.
- a student seeking to study abroad. Visit the Study Abroad page.
- a student applying for Spring Term Abroad. Go to the STA page to see program options.
- a recipient of a grant from the Center for International Education.
- a professor teaching a Spring Term Abroad program