Bonners are expected to participate in the Bonner Program during their four years at W&L, completing 1800-hours of service and leadership training. Bonners participate in at least 280 hours of service and leadership training during each academic year and are encouraged to complete two summers of full-time service.
In addition to these general commitments, Bonners are expected to:
- Participate in Bonner Cornerstone activities, such as Orientation, First-Year Service Trip, Sophomore Service Exchange, and Senior Service Capstone Presentation
- Submit required program paperwork in a timely manner
- Participate fully in the Bonner Program by assuming leadership roles in the community and the Bonner Program
- Participate in a student developmental model that challenges and supports each Bonner Scholar to develop her or his skills, knowledge, commitments, and responsibilities
- Commit to making connections between his or her service and education at W&L