Spring Term and Summer Housing
Spring Term Housing
Spring Term at Washington and Lee University is a period where students take one course during the term. This term period applies to the 3-year residency requirement. There are specific circumstances and requirements under which Washington and Lee Students can live on-campus during this period.
- Students who are currently enrolled in winter term, living on-campus, and have registered for an on-campus spring term course may remain in their On-Campus housing assignment for the Spring Term until halls close at the end of term.
- Any returning from abroad and registered for an on-campus spring term you are eligible to live on-campus. Residence life will communicate with students abroad via their WLU e-mail information on applying for spring term housing in March. Students who have not met the 3-year residency requirement will have priority. Students who have met the residency requirement will be placed based on availability.
- Students returning from abroad or moving into spring term housing will have swipe access and may retrieve their room key from Public Safety on Friday, April 22nd.
- Students who are on-campus for Winter Term and are registered for an off-campus or abroad spring term course are must vacate housing at the end of winter term. See University Housing Dates.
- Students who have registered to spring option and meet one of the following requirements are eligible to remain in campus housing during apring term and must fill out the "spring option intent to stay form" in eRezLife This form is due the last day of winter term classes:
- On-campus student employment
- Graduate entrance exam preparation and examination (i.e., GRE, LSAT, MCAT etc.)
- Local or on-campus internship or assistantship (i.e., helping a professor with research, or intern with a local organization)
- Other extenuating circumstance with prior approval from Residence Life
Washington and Lee University offers summer housing to undergraduate students who are engaged in faculty research or other campus work. Students requesting housing for other reasons may apply, but preference will be given to those working on campus. The application will open April 1, 2022 and will close May 1, 2022. Summer housing applicants will receive updates via WLU email.
- Summer Housing Requirements:
- Currently enrolled W&L undergraduate student.
- Engaged in faculty research or other essential campus work.
- Abide by policies at all times as set forth in the Summer Housing Agreement and Student Handbook.
- Summer Housing Dates: June 6 through July 31, 2022 (subject to change)
- Note: We are aware that some summer research programs will begin before and continue after this time-frame. Please list your requested check-in and check-out dates as well as a rationale on the application to reflect your program or other extenuating circumstance that requires an earlier check-in or later check-out. Residence Life will accommodate students on a case by case basis.
- Location: Village Apartments
- Cost: $60/week per student. Summer housing charges will be calculated based on the approved check-in and check-out dates. Student accounts will be billed in August 2022. (check with your financial aid counselor about possible funding)
- Application & Selection:
- Log into eRezLife to complete the "Summer 2022 Housing Agreement & Application".
- Housing is randomly assigned by the Office of Residence Life; four-bedroom apartments will be assigned at random unless students specifically request other summer housing applicants.
- Note: all summer applicants must fill out their own form and roommate requests must be mutual.
- Applications deadline is May 1, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on or shortly after they close. All applicants will receive notification if their application was accepted or denied within one week of the form closing.
- Note: Even if your summer plans are not finalized, you should still fill out the application by the deadline. There will be an opportunity to amend check-in/out times and you may retract your application at any time with no penalty or financial obligation.
- For accepted housing applications, students may view their summer housing assignment and roommate information via eRezLife mid-May. Students will receive an email when assignments are finalized.
- Summer Dining: There are limited dining options on campus during the summer months. Please see the Dining Service Hours webpage for updates. Meal plans are NOT available during the summer. Please contact Ryan Miller with any dining related questions.
Questions: Email email@example.com