Emergency Resources for Employees
- Public Safety: 540-458-8999
- Employee Assistance Program: 800-992-1931
- Poison Control: 800-222-1222
- Crisis Text Line: Text "GO" to 741-741 (free, 24/7, confidential)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-TALK (8255)
- Rockbridge Area Community Services Behavioral Health Crisis Hotline: 855-222-2046
- Mental Health Treatment Finder
If you are being stalked, threatened, or have concerns about your personal safety, the Public Safety Office can offer assistance. All threatening emails and phone calls should be brought to the attention of the following individuals for review and evaluation:
- Director of Public Safety (email email@example.com, dial x8999 or connect via the LiveSafe App)
- Department Head or Dean
Public Safety will meet with you to discuss services provided by the University and create a safety plan, which will be executed in coordination with the Lexington Police Department and Virginia State Police Fusion Center.
Faculty and staff concerned about the health and well-being of a student should refer to the Emergency Resources for Students (Get Help Now) page or contact the Dean of Students, who has the authority to act to preserve the safety of the student or others.