SPoT (Student Perceptions of Teaching) Development Committee
The SPoT (Student Perceptions of Teaching) Development Committee was created in March 2023. The committee membership will consist of six undergraduate faculty members elected by and from voting faculty, with no categories or divisions.
The SPoT Development Committee is charged with:
- Developing a standardized method that will be used by faculty members and department heads to systematically summarize and interpret SPoT results.
- Pilot testing the current version of the SPoT survey with students to evaluate its utility in assessing key aspects of teaching effectiveness, and based on findings, revising the items where appropriate (while retaining the open-ended format of the survey)
- Devising a motion based on findings to go before the faculty for final approval of the SPoT program.
- Reconvening the committee after one full year (3 terms) of SPoT usage to revise the Spot program as necessary.
- Art Goldsmith, Professor, Economics
- Lisa Greer, Professor, Earth and Environmental Geoscience
- Dan Johnson, Professor, Cognitive and Behavioral Science
- Toni Locy, Professor, Journalism and Mass Communications
- Karla Murdock, Professor, Cognitive and Behavioral Science
- Julie Woodzicka, Professor, Cognitive and Behavioral Science