Move any data out of canvas.wlu.edu that you want to keep.
ArcGIS Online Content
If you have ArcGIS Online Content, please either delete or transfer ownership of your content prior to leaving W&L. Additional information can be found on the Research Computing website.
Within two weeks of graduation, your Box account will get moved out of the Enterprise Setting and will be converted to a personal account. While you can continue using your W&L email address with your Box.com account, please note the following changes:
- You will be notified by a separate email from Box.com to change your password. This is because you will no longer be authenticating through W&L.
- You can continue to use your W&L email address to log into Box, but you can no longer use the http://box.wlu.edu URL; you MUST log in at http://box.com directly.
- You will have 10 GB of free storage. You can upgrade plans if you want more storage space (see Box Pricing for more info).
- All files you have stored on Box.com will remain there. If you are using BoxDrive, you will have to configure it with your new password.
- The file upload limits will be changed from 5GB to 250MB.
- Your access permission options for collaboration invites will be limited to the following three options: Owner, Editor, Viewer.
- You will no longer be able to access the version history of your files.
W&L Email & Office 365 Apps
90 days after graduation, we de-commission your network account and transition your email to an alumni email account through the following four requirements.
- When logging into your W&L Alumni email account, you will use the following format email@example.com. This will also be your new email address. (NOTE that mail SENT to your old email "firstname.lastname@example.org" will continue to be delivered to your new alumni mailbox).
- You will be prompted to supply a cell phone and/or an alternate email address. This will allow you to recover your account (e.g., reset your password) in case you forget your login credentials in the future.
- MFA (Multi factor Authentication) will be required for login access. Rather than using W&L's Duo MFA, you will now manage the MFA registration process through Office 365 upon your first login.
- If you have the full version of W&L licensed Office 365 (Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint) installed on your computer, you will need to purchase a personal license for those applications from Microsoft. If you stored documents on OneDrive, either move them to a personal OneDrive or to your Box account.
Thanks to W&L's Friends of the Library group, alumni have access to JSTOR and several other "library databases" via the Alumni office's Colonnade Connections online options. You can use this link to set up your own Colonnade Connections ID and password and, thereafter, to access these databases: https://colonnadeconnections.wlu.edu/friends-of-the-library.
You will have access to Self-Service for 90 days after graduation, using your username and password, including your record of courses and grades. You will always be able to order official transcripts using the information and forms available from the University Registrar website (http://go.wlu.edu/transcripts).
How do I get additional help or assistance?
For more information or assistance, please contact the ITS Information Desk in Leyburn Library at (540) 458-4537 (HELP) or send an email with your request to email@example.com.