The Lenfest Center for the Arts
Lenfest Center for the Arts Important Announcement
Important Announcement from The Lenfest Center
Saturday, March 14, 2020
On Friday, March 13, Washington and Lee announced several policy changes to safeguard the health of the community. Many of these changes impact not only our students, faculty, and staff, but the local community as well.
• In light of rapidly changing circumstances in Virginia and in the U.S., Washington and Lee University will suspend in-person classes immediately, and transition to virtual instruction for both our undergraduate divisions and the School of Law for the remainder of the current term. After a two-week recess, classes will resume remotely on March 30 and continue through April 24.
• Effective 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 14, through Saturday, April 24, the following policies are in effect:
• All university facilities will be closed to the public. No visitors or guests will be permitted in academic buildings, athletic facilities, libraries, museums, student residences or dining facilities.
• All campus events are canceled.
• All events for prospective students and families, including admission visits, tours, information sessions and admitted student days, are canceled.
• All athletic competitions are canceled.
We regret that as a result of these new policies, the following performances will be canceled:
Everybody, Saturday, March 14 and Sunday, March 15 2p & 730p
Considering Matthew Shepard, March 14 and Sunday, March 15
Art Exhibit: 2020 Senior Thesis Exhibition, March 20 - April 10
Winter Choral Concert, March 24
University Orchestra, March 26
Concert Guild: Matt Haimovitz, March 31
Art Reception: 2020 Senior Thesis Exhibition, March 30
W&L Repertory Dance Company and University Jazz Ensemble, April 2 – 4
Junior Piano Recital- Levi Leback, April 3
University Wind Ensemble Concert, April 7
Piano Recital Kwan Yi, May 10
University Singers Commencement Concert, May 26
Over the next few days, we will issue full refunds to ticket holders to canceled performances. If you paid by credit card or swipe card, your card will be refunded. If you paid by cash or check, you will receive a reimbursement check in the mail. For more information about obtaining a refund, please contact the Lenfest Box Office at email@example.com or 540.458.8001
We hope this time of uncertainty passes quickly and that we are able to entertain you at the Lenfest Center for the Arts again very soon. Thank you for your understanding.
Director of Lenfest Center
Washington and Lee University