Intramural referees are responsible for providing a safe, fun atmosphere during competitive play. Referees are expected to uphold the rules of the game at hand and policies of the University in order to maintain an appropriate level of control, fairness, and safety. You will also be responsible for activity preparation and breakdown - bringing game-related equipment to the site and ensuring it is returned to the IM closet in the Pavilion.
All applicants must:
- Have a positive attitude
- Feel comfortable handling confrontation on the field/court
- Be available for mandatory training for each sport (prior skills or experience are appreciated, but not required)
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be in good standing with the University
- Have completed a minimum of 12 weeks of school at W&L
- Complete required tax forms and establish direct deposit with the University Business Office
Intramurals will hire throughout the school year. Interested applicants can reach out to Margaret McClintock for an application and to set up an interview.